Board index Sim4Pilots Activities Our Products The Browns writer at number four didn’t make

The Browns writer at number four didn’t make

You can discuss our various products here.

CHARLOTTE C.J. Anderson Jersey , N.C. (AP) — While the Carolina Panthers opened the regular season with a 16-8 win against the Dallas Cowboys, it did not come without a cost.Three-time Pro Bowl tight end Greg Olsen spent the second half watching the game from the sideline on crutches with his right foot in a boot — the same foot he fractured in 2017 causing him to miss nine games. Later in the game, second-team All-Pro right tackle Daryl Williams was carted off with a knee injury and did not return.Panthers coach Ron Rivera and general manager Marty Hurney offered no immediate updates Monday on the extent of the injuries.“I’ve told you this, and I’ll tell you again: I have not talked to RV (head athletic trainer Ryan Vermillion),” Rivera said Monday. “I usually wait until after this (news conference). It’s a question I’m not going to answer. I don’t know (the extent of the injury), to be honest with you.”The Panthers are expected to turn to rookie Ian Thomas to start Sunday at tight end against Atlanta Russell Color Rush Shepard Jersey , while Amini Silatolu will likely fill in at right tackle.The Panthers are high on Thomas, who they think has the combination of receiving and blocking skills to be a good fit in their offense, even though he only played two seasons of major college football at Indiana.“I think he’s pretty well prepared,” Rivera said. “There are some things, obviously, that he still has to learn and he has a long way to go in terms of having the natural feel that Greg has and having that rapport Greg has.“He’s been good with his blocking Jordan Scarlett Jersey , he’s been good with his route running, he’s been good with his receiving. But he’s got to get better as a route runner, a blocker and a receiver. He’s a young guy. There’s a lot to his game he’s got to learn.”When the Panthers drafted Thomas with the first pick in the fourth round this year they did so with the idea of bringing him along slowly and learning behind Olsen.He was a project, more or less.But now everything has been fast-tracked.“It’s like going right into the fire and playing right away,” Thomas said. “Learning from my mistakes every play. I played two years of college football but I guess now is my time to get all of the kinks out.”Thomas said he spoke to several teams before the NFL draft and walked away feeling that some of them felt like he wasn’t a good blocker. He disagrees and is out to change that image.“I felt like I have gotten much better over the last few months,” Thomas said.As for Williams https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com/Christian-Miller-Jersey , he dislocated his kneecap and tore the medial collateral ligament in training camp but managed to return for the season opener, which was no small feat. But he injured the same knee against the Cowboys when he got hit there by another player’s helmet.Silatolu, who had pretty much won the starting left guard spot before his own knee injury in preseason, will test his ware at the tackle spot if called upon to start. Here’s a look at last year’s event now that we have the benefit of rookie performances." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteCat Scratch Readera Carolina Panthers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsAboutPanthersOddsShopStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomFiled under:Panthers 2019 NFL DraftSB Nation 2018 writers’ mock draft flashbackNew,8commentsHere’s a look at last year’s event now that we have the benefit of rookie performances.EDTShareTweetShareShareSB Nation 2018 writers’ mock draft flashbackPhoto by Streeter Lecka/Getty ImagesWith the SB Nation writers’ mock draft recently completed let’s take a look at how last year’s selections panned out after their rookie seasons. Having participated in the writers’ mock for many years I know how hard it is to make a good selection. The SBN draft never unfolds like the real draft even at the very top as we will see. But before we look at the initial selections let’s look at the selection made for the Panthers. 24. Carolina Panthers: James Washington, WR Will Grier Jersey , Oklahoma StateIn his defense, Bradley got several things correct. Defensive backs Josh Jackson and Justin Reid would have been good picks. Both players had good rookie seasons and would be welcome additions to the current Panthers roster. What he didn’t get right is the assessment Washington would fit the Panthers offense better than actual Panthers selection D.J. Moore. Honestly I think most people would have thought Washington’s game would be a better fit. Moore’s after the catch ability is as good as advertised. Kudos for getting the position correct though.Based on rookie season performance it would appear the Panthers made the better selection. Moore outperformed Washington by a significant amount.James Washington, WR, PittsburghOne season doesn’t make a career, a lot could change, especially for Washington now that Antonio Brown has left Pittsburgh. Moore likewise should get more targets with Devin Funchess now playing for the Colts. Looking back at the comments from the mock draft post we did have a couple CSR members who accurately predicted James Washington’s draft position. Well done! Looking at the top ten of the 2018 SBN writers’ mock it would appear many other writers didn’t do as well as the team they were picking for. At the top Baker Mayfield was the better selection for the Browns. Now he has Odell Beckham to throw the ball too. I’m very positive Giants fans are happy they didn’t pass on Saquon Barkley like the Giants blogger did. I’m not saying anything against Chubb because twelve sacks as a rookie is impressive. Yet in spite of Chubb’s double digit sacks how can you not say Barkley was the better pick? The rookie was amazing racking up 2 https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com/Greg-Little-Jersey ,000 all purpose yards and fifteen touchdowns. He is the whole package. So while agree picking a quarterback was also not the way to go, the writer missed on Barkley. The Browns writer at number four didn’t make the same mistake. Imagine if the Browns has somehow landed Baker Mayfield and Saquan Barkley in last year’s draft? The Coltsblogger was the only one to correctly predict their team’s actual pick. Offensive guard Quentin Nelson has proven to be everything expected. Kudos to the Buccaneers blogger as well for not passing on safety Derwin James like so many NFL teams did. Beyond that there’s not much else to be said about this mock given it went off the rails early. I will end the flashback with a look at who everyone passed on, the top five remaining players after the first round. You see anyone here that was worthy a first round pick?

Return to Our Products